Thursday, March 31, 2011

what i ate this week and next

Today was day 7 of this detox diet I've been doing.  I'm not going crazy, I'm not starving, I'm not grouchy and my hubby still loves me.  I've been walking almost everyday and have tons of energy.  So I'm on to week two.  So here's a little look into what I'm eating...


This morning I woke up, went on my walk and headed to the Redondo Beach Farmers Market. 
You know the one that is on the beach overlooking the Pier. 
I go every week on Thursday morning.
I love it! 
Funny thing is... I never buy the stuff in the picture above. 
I thought I did. Really! 
But today I realized that I buy all the bad stuff!
Chips and salsa
Pita bread
Fresh humus and Pita chips
Salted nuts
Kettle Corn
cheese 
Sure I throw in a few apples and maybe an onion or two... and if I'm really feeling farmers market-ish , I may get a squash and a green pepper and a garlic glove. 
But I realized the real reason I went was for kettle corn and pita bread and the fresh flowers wrapped in newspaper!  YIKES!  No wonder I put on 22lbs in 6 months.

So today I was a true farmers market kinda GAL and only got really healthy stuff!

These babies are in the pot right now and I plan to eat each and every leaf. (without butter)

Today for a snack I ate (for the first time ever) Snap Peas! and this blood red orange.
They are my new fav. I hope they are as good at the movies as they were on the beach.

I also got some of the freshest Asparagus ever.  I did the bend test to see where they snapped off and they didn't! Serious.  The farmer glared at me a little but, ... I just smiled and said I'll take a bunch please.



The olives and nuts (unsalted and raw) were my big treat.  Yes I would rather have Salt and Vinegar chips but this will have to do.
That is a sweet potato next to the olives. Another fav.  Oh so good!  No butter either. Just wrap it in foil and oven bake it for about 35 minutes. Perfection!  Seriously.



Never been much of a strawberry fan.  My mom ate them by the crate full when I was a kid and she always put tons of sugar on top so it would turn into Strawberry syrup...Yuck!  But I must admit I have come to love these as a late night snack. (with out the sugar)
Not nearly as good as the thin mint girl scout cookies I see EVERYWHERE but a really good substitute.


My liquids have been reduced to Coffee, Black Tea and this cool black Chai Tea i found at the market.  I've had to put the wine and diet Pepsi aside.  That may truly be the one thing I miss.  A nice glass of Chardonnay sure takes the edge off of a long day. 


Ohhhh yes, I can't forget the most important thing I am putting into my body everyday. and alot of it! now I'm drinking about 12 of these a day...sometimes more... Ice cold only.


I'm eating eggs, meat, poultry and even a slice or two of bacon every now and then as well.
All this for two reasons.
To detox my body off all the crap I've been putting in it 
and so
I can get rid of my new Blogger's Butt!


Then this big gigantic PINK across my ass will hopefully shrink to just pink!

Can't wait to try the One Ingredient Frozen banana smoothie that one of the funniest blogs ever  Fabusously  Flawed made for her family this week.



I will be linking up to FAT Friday over at my new Bloggy BFF Chrissy of Boerman Ramblings cuz she ROCKS! BIG TIME!




post signature

9 comments:

ashley @ little miss momma said...

WOW, believe it or not I actually started drooling looking at all that yummy and healthy farmers market food! And you know I like me some carbs! Proud of you momma!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hey Michelle, thanks for visiting me today. Glad to have found another beach lover. Your header is awesome. I'm your newest follower. I'm on a diet, too. Great pictures of the fresh produce. You look great, though. Don't beat yourself up. Cheers

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Hey Michelle, thanks for visiting me today. Glad to have found another beach lover. Your header is awesome. I'm your newest follower. I'm on a diet, too. Great pictures of the fresh produce. You look great, though. Don't beat yourself up. Cheers

Devon said...

What great finds at the market,,we are in the same boat,,gotta to look good for the beach,,good luck..I am on day 3 of mine..and I my new phrase is "One Day at a Time..

Chrissy @ the Pearl Blog said...

way to go Girl. you are doing great and I am so proud of you putting your self out there and taking charge of your life and actually sticking to it. Thanks again for linking up...I just opened the linky party!

Lindsay said...

YOUR my hero! Your will amazes me. Im jealous :)

Kimberly said...

Your doing amazing, Michelle! keep up the good work.

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

You are amazing! I so don't have the dedication to be THAT good. Everything looks WAY yummy though. Wanna cook for me?

Unknown said...

I've been on a diet myself. So far I have lost 22 pounds and I have 18 more to go...... Keep up the good work Michelle xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...